What next?

After living with us for only 3 years and surviving the big move over to Auckland in the container, our dear washing machine decided, two weeks ago, that it was time to die. One minute it was fine, and the next? Not so much. I mean, really. They don't make 'em like they used to. So, anyway, I had a quick moment of panic - as one does - because I know that if I don't wash three loads of laundry every day, it all goes a bit pear-shaped around here. And by pear-shaped I mean lots of yelling for underwear and crying for favourite t-shirts. So after the initial ohshit!, I dashed out and bought a new one. And Bob'sYourUncle, problem solved.


Then my car battery died! And it's sudden demise left us stranded in the local gym car park. After dark. When we were tired. And hungry. Did I mention that we were tired? Anyway, the whole episode resulted in us joining AA (Automobile Association not Alcoholics Anonymous - I feel I must clarify this here because it was touch and go there for a minute); and eventually purchasing a new battery.


So that's what's been happening around here lately: a run of breakdowns. I just hope that's the last of them now, but I keep thinking: don't these things come in threes?



1 comment

  1. oh yuck - I also had a run of those just recently - bloody awful and most frustrating - AA (both options) not a bad option....

    ReplyDelete