A Few Things That Make Me Happy

1.  Twitter. Because it's a modern day newspaper of sorts; and it makes me laugh. Out loud. I seriously wish that I was as funny as some of the people I follow on Twitter.


2. Good books. I just finished "The Story of Edgar Sawtelle" by David Wroblewski and it's made me love my dog even more.


3. The tv programme, Cougar Town. Because it's wacky and I love wacky.


4. Flowers. They just make everything more beautiful.


5. Coffee. I can't say this enough. 


6. Tidiness. Because, lets face it, everything has it's place. Not so?


7. Going to music concerts. We went to see Simply Red last weekend; and Mick Hucknall's voice brought back a thousand memories. His talent is a true gift.


8. Chocolate. Just the other day I found a forgotten chocolate in my handbag and it felt just like Christmas morning. Maybe even better.


9. Being able to cook great food in 30 minutes (well, almost) thanks to Jamie Oliver's new book Jamie's 30 minute meals. I've been looking for cooking inspiration for a long time because I'm still struggling to whip up tasty, varied week night meals, in a hurry. I think this book might be just what I need.




10. Spending a beautiful day on our boat out in the Hauraki Gulf. Yesterday we went out to Tiritiri Matangi island, dropped anchor and had a picnic lunch. It was a great way to end a fun Labour Weekend.

2 comments

  1. goodness, we are so similar we shouldn't be living so far apart. Glad to see you still sending blogs, I am loving reading them. lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list hits the spot my friend! I would add - riding my horse and the smell of the sea. I read that book - and I seem to remember it being quite a slog and disappointing at the end - maybe I missed something???

    ReplyDelete