Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

As years go, this has been a big one.


I'm sitting here, with the sound of the kids swimming and shrieking in the background, looking back at 2010 and marvelling at all that has happened during the past twelve months. It's quite amazing to think that a whole year has nearly passed since we left South Africa.


We've all experienced a year full of 'firsts', and this last one, Christmas, was a biggie. For the past few years we've spent Christmas at Pearly Beach and this year the kids were quite sad not to be continuing that tradition. However, our first Christmas in New Zealand was a day that we'll all remember as being a very happy, peaceful and fun one. We were surrounded by family and friends and the day was filled with smiles, good food, technology, some pretty lingerie and chocolate. The kids spent the better part of the day playing with their new 'stuff'.


And now, as the year draws to a close, I am putting together a list for 2011. A New Year's Resolution List, if you like. I didn't make one for this year, I merely bought my ticket and got on the rollercoaster ride. But if I had made a list, I can say without a doubt that I would have accomplished everything and more. It was that kind of year. We all outdid ourselves over here. It really was a year of great growth.


In my last post for 2010, I'd like to wish all my loyal readers (you gorgeous bunch) a wonderful, fruitful and happy 2011. May it be your best year yet. Make it happen!


Right, I'm off to give some thought to my list. What's on yours?


xo

8 comments

  1. Sounds like such a full on year of change for you guys - looking forward to following your journey in 2011! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And a Happy 2011 to you too. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2011 to you and family. Your list for 2011 includes regular updates on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year B and your gang. Well done, you have done a fine job of this big challenge. much love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely, Valentina! It's been a bit hectic around these parts recently. Busy, busy, busy having lots of holiday fun. But I plan to keep updating regularly on my blog. Thanks for being a regular reader. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thanks, Amanda. :) You guys too! Modern day pioneers! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is to blog often, so I'm following the Post a Week challenge on Wordpress.

    We found the first year after immigrating the hardest... onward and upward!

    ReplyDelete