Marley's Minion and the Mouse

One of those mice is mine.
So, it's that time of year again. And if I said that it feels like yesterday that the kids were doing their last nativity shows before we left South Africa, I'd be lying, because despite the fact that this year has flown by, it has been so full of new experiences that it feels more like a lifetime ago. Honestly, I can hardly remember last year's nativity plays. And while I'm being so incredibly honest here, would you judge me very harshly if I admitted that I can only just remember this year's shows which they did last week?


No, only kidding. Because the shows were AWESOME and even though I cringe at my use of the word 'awesome', it's just got to be used here. Because they really were - AWESOME. There, I used it again! I think I need a holiday.


Anyway, the shows were truly great and my kids were little stars. Well, not stars in the literal sense of the word. One was a mouse (in The Nutcracker) and the other was one of Marley's Goblins (in Bah Humbug). Ta-da! (And in case you were wondering why I'm not mentioning my oldest daughter's show - the Middle school didn't do a nativity play.)


And no, sorry, there aren't good photos to document this auspicious occasion because I've yet to work out how to take AWESOME photos inside a hall or auditorium. One day I'll become AWESOME and blow you away with my unrivaled photographic skills. But until then, you'll just have to make do with the mouse photo. And this really bad one of Marley's minions.




Bah Humbug!

2 comments

  1. Why are the mice wearing spiderman gloves, is this a kiwi thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look more like boxing gloves - quite aggressive awesome mice you have in kiwiland!!

    ReplyDelete