Wednesday, 26 January 2011

My Weekly 5

Well, I've been having the best time with this new feature. And I really hope that you guys are enjoying it as much as I am. Here are my five gorgeous inspirations for this week:




Raboteurs de parquet by Gustave Caillebotte (1848-1894). I saw this painting at the Musée d'Orsay when we were in Paris in 2009. And I fell totally in love. Art has a way of doing that to you. Just like that, you see a piece of artwork and something inside goes: "Yes!"


sexy-woman-see-through-canoe
My birthday gift to Grant this year was a kayak. I'd love to take credit for that brilliant idea, but the fact is that he'd been toying with getting one for quite some time and had done lots of research into exactly what he wanted and which features his kayak had to have. And now he's becoming quite the little fisherman on his new toy and is a very happy chappy! Anyway, seeing him having all this fun, I'm beginning to think that I might get one for my birthday too. So I started searching the net and found this one! How cool is this? It might not have all the features that Grant has on his one, but at least I'll be able to see all of the elusive big fish that he hasn't been able to catch yet!



I found this over here and had a good giggle. 'Cos this is what happens at our house. Often. Truly. So in an effort to remedy that habit, I got Grant to hang up our "Keep Calm and Carry On" print right outside the kids' bedrooms. Just as a reminder.

Spring bedroom
I love the freshness that this bedroom evokes. And this is such pretty bedding.




I heart this range! When I lived in Cape Town, I would visit their store and leave with an arm full of journals, scribblers and cards. (I obsessively purchase gorgeous little notebooks. I can't seem to help myself.) I also bought these two pretty pictures (above) from Mü&Me for Sarah's bedroom. ♡


And that's all for this week's "Weekly 5". See you next time with more lovely things.


xo





3 comments:

  1. and the prize goes to......"sexy-woman-seethrough-canoe" what a cool name, what a cool toy. you gotta get one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the kayak! Am enjoying your 'weekly 5' posts.

    ReplyDelete