Prego!


, originally uploaded by Bianca Swanepoel.



On Saturday night, Grant and I went out for dinner with our friends, Mark and Glynn. We ate at a restaurant in Ponsonby called Prego because Grant really felt like some Italian food.


When we arrived, the place was packed - which is always a good sign (except for the waiting part); and the vibe was happy and busy. You can't make reservations prior to arrival so we had a drink and a chat at the bar while waiting for a table to become available.


The approximately 40 minute wait proved to be well worth it, though. I had a delicious melon and parma ham starter (which I've been craving all summer) and a very tasty pizza; while Grant had the calamari to start (and judging by the haste with which he ate it, I suspect he wasn't keen to share it) and a pasta dish which he declared to be too small (which means it was obviously also very good).


And after much hilarity, catching up and eating good food, we all agreed that we really need to get out and enjoy more good restaurants in Auckland. So, I suggested that the four of us start a dinner club. It's a great little concept: every month one couple gets to choose a restaurant we've never been to, and both couples bring along another couple to join us there. 


That way we get to try new restaurants and meet new people every month! Yay! So... as we chose this month's restaurant, next month Mark and Glynn will wow us with their choice.


I got this idea from good friends of ours in Cape Town and I thought I'd borrow it as I think it lends itself very nicely to newish immigrants who are keen to explore new places and meet new people.


I'll keep you posted as to the places we go to - so look out for the 'restaurants' feature next month!


And now I need to get to the grocery store 'cos we need some food for dinner tonight! The kids are yelling for spaghetti bolognaise and as I don't have any other great ideas, I think I'll oblige.


Ciao!


xo



2 comments

  1. Ponsonby is a great little expensive pocket of Auckland! Very Yuppie! I think your idea is great, enjoy all the new food and company. You really have hammered this emigration thing on the head, very inspirational x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, darling heart. :) Trying our best over here. Hehe. We need to have a chat on the phone again soon. xo

    ReplyDelete