Busy Boy

My darling boy.

Actually, busy is probably an understatement. This guy just never stops! He's on the move all day. His preferred mode of transport is his scooter. And if he's not on his scooter, then he's running, hopping, jumping, climbing, playing with his lego or his Ben 10 figurines; or begging someone to play Connect 4 or Go Fish with him. It's tiring just to watch him!


Just recently, in an attempt to escape playing endless card games with this munchkin, I taught him to play the card game, Patience - something he can play ALONE! Aw, I hear you say. But no, don't feel sorry for him. Feel sorry for me - because seriously, there's just so many card games a girl can play! And there's just so much losing a girl can take! 'Cos let me tell you - not only is this boy busy, but he plays to win! Losing is not an option for him. He has to start every game and he always has to be the strongest Ben 10 figure when playing Ben 10 'fighting' games. His dude has no weaknesses at all, and your dude? Well, your dude is missing an arm or a leg for starters, he definitely can't fly, he so can't blast lasers out of his eyes, he can only run very slowly and he is basically... a big, fat loser! 


But there's nothing wrong with being competitive... as long as you play fair. So this is where I am now - trying to teach my boy to play fair while not squashing that yearn to win. And teaching him 'sportsmanship' is a tiring affair, my friends! A very tiring affair. Sometimes I'm simply too exhausted to get into it and other times I don't back down and have to put up with the tears. And the sobbing. 


Lets hope that in the end, we both get the balance right.








4 comments

  1. beautiful pictures of all your munchkins. Sounds like your life is as busy as mine. I have just cleaned the whole house and think I could fall over any minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, darling heart. :) Shoo! Busy, busy. I was lucky enough to have my house cleaned and my ironing done today! Spent the better part of the day at Jessica's swimming sports and this evening at the Junior school Meet the Teachers evening. Should be unwinding with a glass of wine, but it's so hot that I've opted for a Coke! Hope you rewarded yourself after your cleaning stint! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous looking boy! Sounds as busy as my boy that I have affectionately nicknamed Turbo. I am an ex-pat South African too.
    Great reading your blog
    Penny

    ReplyDelete