Happy April Fool's Day!



So, have you ever been caught out on April Fool's Day?


Come on. Have you?


'Cos I have.


It was back when I was still working. In an office. Doing serious worky stuff. Before kids.


Anyway, I'd been out for lunch and when I got back to my desk, there was a message for me to phone Mr Lyon. And there was a number.


Not thinking anything was amiss, I sat down and rang the number. The person at the other end of the line said: "Johannesburg Zoo, can I help you?" Now any sensible person would have quickly put the phone down at that point. But not me. No. I went on to ask for Mr Lyon a second time. I know! Duh! And only then did I realize what was going on.


Now I probably shouldn't readily admit this out here in cyberspace, but you know what? That was SUCH a great April Fool's joke that straight after I got over my acute embarrassment, I laughed like a drain and went over to where I heard similar raucous laughter emanating from - a colleague in the next office!


Damn. That was good.


So, come on. Have you ever been tricked? Or have you ever tricked someone? I'd love to hear your story.


xo









No comments