Tuesday, 10 May 2011

Mother's Day Rocks!

I hope all the mother's out there had a wonderful celebration on Sunday. I had an amazing day, thanks to my darling husband and my sweet children. Aw. I love these special people.

I got breakfast in bed and the sweetest cards filled with the loveliest words, and then I took the kids for a milkshake and down to my favourite beach for a short walk.

Unfortunately I only had my iPhone with me, so these aren't the best quality shots. But you get the idea.

Rocking the shades.

Getting everyone in the picture proved slightly tricky.

Oh look! It's Harry Potter.

And after we'd soaked up some sun, we made our way back home for lunch.



Grant cooked us the most delicious Italian lunch to celebrate Mother's Day. We had prawn pasta to start and then Jamie Oliver's Costolette di maiale con salvia (pork chops with sage, for us English speakers) as a main. This recipe is from his "Jamie's Italy" book. And even though we couldn't eat another thing after that, we did manage to force down an old favourite, affogatto, for dessert. It had to be done. Mmmm.

And to really end the day with a bang - we went to the Katy Perry concert in the city that night! Spoilt, I tell you!



Sarah at Katy Perry concert
One of my little rockers at the Katy Perry concert.

And wow! did Katy Perry rock! Her show was an amazing experience, filled with so many great details - from bubbles to beach balls to swings to fireworks. 

It was the perfect end to a wonderful day. And I'm one lucky girl.

xo





No comments:

Post a Comment