Monday, 30 May 2011

The Pamper Party: Part One

Well, the party went very well and everybody had a great time! The girls partied up a storm and my mom and I surreptitiously kept a beady eye on them. *snigger* Nah, we were helping out! Ahem.


Oh, okay. We probably were being just a little bit nosy!





Anyway...


They chatted, ate sweets, put on face masks, painted each other's nails, did some (scary) make-up, ate cake, laughed and took lots of photos.


Some brave souls went for a swim (!) while others sat in the warm spa pool. And later they had some dinner and then went downstairs where they danced. Oh! And did I tell you? They took lots of photos. Really. Hundreds! What's it with the kids of today and the photos?


And then it was all over and I could have a glass of wine and relax! Haha! No, seriously, this whole teenage thing really does make me a little anxious. I guess it's because I don't like the feeling of not having full control. But I guess it's like everything in life - it just takes some getting used to. Thank goodness it happens gradually so there is time to set up some new rules. And boy, do you need new rules! Just as kids change when they become teenagers, so the rules have to change. I'm not talking about the core rules here. I'm talking about the 'new' rules - the technology rules, the new bed time rules, the time-spent-at-the-mall rules.


I'm certainly not forgetting that my 13 yo is still a kid and she needs firm boundaries and guidance. But luckily she's a good kid, with lovely friends and as long as it stays that way, I think we'll be okay.


I'll post some more photos of the party over the next few days.


Have a lovely week, everyone.


xo







2 comments:

  1. Dropping by from KMB and love your pics and write up of your daughter's party. I have 3 daughters but my oldest is only 7... I have a lot ahead of me!

    I chuckled and nodded at your remarks about the 'rules' and how they are still very much needed - just different - I took a mental note! This parenting game is always changing hey :)

    Your daughter sounds wonderful. Wishing you all the best, Sarah

    ReplyDelete