Saturday, 14 May 2011

What I Did This Week

Hi guys! Here is the post that was supposed to go out yesterday but didn't, because Blogger was down for almost 24 hrs and I couldn't publish anything. (It was on a read-only mode.)


*******


This week was not the most action-packed, as weeks go (read: there were no tornados or earthquakes), but I did outdo myself when it came to the housework.


Oh yes! I'm totally whipping the laundry's butt and kicking the dishwasher's ass. And any mess I find, does not stand a chance around here. As a matter of fact, if you stand anywhere near to me and you're very still, I might just wipe you down or throw you into the washing machine. You've been warned.


And when I wasn't doing housework, I was pushing a trolley in the aisles at Foodtown or cooking yet another meal. Okay, okay, I'd better stop this subtle moaning right now because I'm starting to make myself a little depressed over here. Bleh.


1. Oh wait! I did have a wonderful facial on Wednesday. How could I forget? It was that very stormy day this week, so it was such great timing to be snuggled on the salon bed with a warming blanket. Mmmm. So very, very lovely.


2. And I helped out with lots of Maths homework. Sometimes I really surprise myself that I can actually do Year 2 maths. 


3. I bought a luverly handbag on sale at Farmers on Thursday. It was the cardholders sale and I'd been eyeing that bag for a while now.


4. Oh! And I spent Monday lunch time at the junior school, having lunch with Sarah and Luke for their school Mother's Day lunch. 


5. I was also a parent helper for Sarah's school outing to the Auckland Museum yesterday. We spent a great morning learning about archaeology and past civilizations; and even got to do a scavenger hunt in the museum. The kids loved that part - fast-walking (no running) around the halls looking for a mummy, a goddess, old furniture, a harpsichord, jewellery and various other items. But their best part (!) was trying to make sparks with a Viking 'firelighter' during the archaeological lesson. That's kids for you.


6. And then last night we went for dinner at my mom and Geoff which is always a huge treat, but last night it was especially so because 'tired' doesn't begin to describe how I felt after that busy day. And not having to cook or even dial out for pizza was heavenly. Thanks guys!


And that was my week. Pure, unadulterated mother-orientated-domesticity.


xo












1 comment:

  1. you go girl. and who said we don't have lives!

    ReplyDelete