Mid-Winter Break

So I never did tell you about our trip over to Australia recently: 


After much discussion about getting some sun during winter this year (brrrrrr), we decided to book a week away on the Gold Coast in Australia to enjoy some warmer weather and a frolic at the seaside! 


Well, as it turned out, there wasn't much frolicking at the seaside because 22〬C just isn't hot enough for me to be throwing my bikini-clad bod out there. It just wasn't happening. So while the kids swam, I read. And read. And read. And dudes! I finished three whole books on that holiday! Don't you just love that about holidays? That's when I feel like I'm really relaxing - when I get to read to my hearts content. Pure luxury.


But of course, that's not all we did while we were there because the Gold Coast is Australia's theme-park capital so the kids had the best time cavorting at Wet 'n Wild (the water theme-park); enjoying the crazy rides at Warner Bros. Movie World; and feeding stingrays at Sea World. That's why we chose to go there - sun + kids entertainment = good times. And it was.


We spent a day at each of those theme parks and another day at the Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary where we got to feed and pet the tamest kangaroos known to man. Seriously, it was insane!


This was the view from our apartment.


So yeah, it was a fantastic idea to break up our winter a bit, and to be able to wear shorts and t-shirts again. It's certainly given us the energy to tackle the last part of winter back home.


I love holidays!








No comments