My Dancing Girl: A Year On

It was Formal Dance time again - at the end of this last term of school. (Did I mention that we're in the middle of a school holiday? Yay, us!)


Anyway... here are a few photos...







And it's got to be said that we're really getting the hang of this whole formal dance thing now. The preparation part was amazingly easy this time around. The first dress Jess saw was 'the one' and even though I made her look at a few others, I needn't have bothered because - she'd decided. 


She'd also decided on wavy hair.


Buying the dancing shoes, however, was a slight pain in the a*se. This girl does not enjoy shoe shopping. (Say what?!) We quickly decided that flat ballet pumps was the way to go because high heels would mean - 


a) the possibility of falling on her face in front of all her class mates (so not an option); and 


b) being even taller than the boys she'd be dancing with on the night (probably not ideal).


So off she went on her big night out - with her plate of eats and her smile.


And this year I had to get the lowdown when she got home because I wasn't allowed to go in with her, take photos and do the usual embarrassing things that I do. Whaaat? Me? I don't laugh loudly! Or throw my head around like you say! Never! How very dare you!


Oh well.


She looked beautiful. Boys asked her to dance. And she had a good time. This little girl of mine is growing up so quickly - I'm really having to savour every single moment. Capture it in my heart (and a few on my camera) so that I enjoy it all. And remember.


♥♥♥









3 comments

  1. Seeing how beautiful she looks brings a tear to my eye! How did she get so grown up!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a beautiful girl - growing up too quick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Valentina! :)

    She is growing up so quickly! :/

    ReplyDelete