Monday, 16 January 2012

Stop! I Need To Get Off The Bus


Remember that movie Speed? With Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, and the bus? Well, my life has felt a bit like that lately. Sans Sandy and Keanu, of course, or violence or bad guys. Okay, so maybe not exactly like that movie, then. But anyway, it has been all go, go, go and very little slow, slow, slow. And all I can say is, so help me, next year will be different! If those Mayans are wrong and there is a next year, I will make sure that it starts off slowly and quietly, with gentle music playing while I loll around in bed, reading. 


Not that I didn't have the best fun over the festive season. 'Cos I did. Too much fun, in fact. We had a brilliant three week holiday in Cape Town and the fun just hasn't stopped.  But the truth is that I'm not sure I've been this tired since... well, ever, really. And I'm thinking that busy lives like this should definitely come with compulsory massages, extreme pampering and staff who fan you with palm leaves. Also, 8 hours of sleep a night. And maybe an afternoon nap every other day.


All this eating, drinking and staying up late has been so ridiculous that I seriously considered the goop cleanse from Gwyneth Paltrow's blog. Right up until I saw how much it actually costs, that is. Then I took a reality pill and made a mental note to just stop eating anything that looks remotely delicious and to cut down my drinking to a more acceptable level of units per week!


I'll let you know how that goes then, shall I?


And I've made the decision that this year I'm not even going down that crazy 'resolution' road. Na-ah-ah! I'm not setting myself up for failure two years in a row! No way. You see, I only managed to cross off three of my 11 resolutions from last year and subsequently didn't win the 2011 over-achiever award, so you can see my predicament. Anyway, what I thought I'd do is just roll the other 8 over to this year and see how I go. Meh.


I'll let you know how that goes then, shall I?


So anyway, HAPPY 2012, everyone! I hope yours is going well and that it turns out to be a good year for each and every one of you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment