Monday, 13 February 2012

The Backward Dive


I spent a large chunk of my youth swimming;  and loved to do backward dives into the pool. So, a couple of weekends ago, after telling Luke about my awesome diving skills *hahaha*, I decided to teach him how to do one. 







And after he'd perfected it, I thought: let me see whether I can still do this thing. 


As I perched at the edge of the pool, my husband - fearing for my safety - timidly asked whether I should be attempting something so risky. Damn cheeky, really! But, his remark only made me more determined. 


It took me a good few deep breaths and some serious focussing, but I stepped out of my comfort zone and took the plunge. Literally. My kids were well impressed. And I was both relieved and super chuffed that I still had it!


Sorry, no video of that, I'm afraid! You'll just have to take my word for it.








No comments:

Post a Comment