Thursday, 16 February 2012

I'm Missing My Boy!







He's on his very first school camp - two days of activities and a one night sleep-over at school. And what a superb experience for him! He'd been looking forward to it with so much enthusiasm. But you guys - despite the fact that he's having great fun - he's away on camp! and the house feels so empty without him!


Hmpff.


So anyway, I signed up to help out on both days of the camp - 'cos I'm crazy helpful like that. But when it came to signing up for assisting with the sleep-over part, I remembered my extreme aversion to sleeping on a thin mattress, getting tangled up in a sleeping bag and trying to get a roomful of excited seven year olds to sleep, and quickly decided that I wasn't that crazy helpful.


So here I sit, in the comfort of my own home, thinking back on this busy day and wondering whether my son was sufficiently tired after the 2 hour walk this morning, the orienteering activity, the bush art and the hobo stove cooking, to climb into his sleeping bag after their movie this evening and fall asleep straight away. You see, one of his goals for camp was to avoid chatting endlessly to his friends when they should be going to sleep tonight - but I'm sure I have nothing to worry about because if he's feeling anything like I am, I'm sure he's fast asleep by now. As I should be...


Good Night, Luke! I love you. See you in the morning. xo



No comments:

Post a Comment