Monday, 6 February 2012

OMG! Look At Me! I'm Planting Things.


So remember when I wrote that post about my veggie patch? And I said "watch this space"?


No?


Okay, fair enough. It was a very long time ago. And I'm sure you've had other more pressing issues on your mind...


But anyway, I cleared that patch. About three times. Then I eventually got my act together and bought herbs and vegetables to plant, before the weeds took over for the fourth time. I know. Ridiculous. Some might even say lazy.


I say: Oh be quiet! And have a look at it now!




Pretty damn cool, no? 


This is my first attempt at growing my own herbs and veggies, dudes! I've got rosemary, thyme, coriander, italian parsley, basil, lettuce, spinach, celery, peas, spring onions, red cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli and a Cape Gooseberry. 


Oh, and a little Meyer lemon tree that I've also managed to keep alive so far. 


Notice how I've only planted on the one side of the patch? Well, the other side is clear of weeds - see below - but I haven't planted anything there yet because I might have to open a veggie shop if I plant out the whole box! There's just so much! (Those lettuces on the right were planted by the previous owners and I found them under all of the weeds.)




I'm thinking I might plant some flowers on that side. Or is there something else I should be looking at planting in there? Any ideas?









1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! Looking good!!! I'll be bringing my shopping basket along in a few weeks time. :)

    ReplyDelete