What I Did This Week


So it's been one of those weeks. The busy ones. The ones that are so full, they leave you physically exhausted at the end of each day. But you still don't go to bed any earlier because, well because you're a moron, that's why. (I'm talking about myself here, not you. I'd never call you a moron. I promise.)


Anyway.


 So here's what caused my exhaustion:


1. I spent most of Tuesday poolside, watching Sarah swim at her swim sports day. She swam like a star and I was one proud mama!


2. I went to a Class Coordinators meeting after the swim sports - yes, can you believe I signed up for that?


3. Later that same day, I took Sarah to her first water polo training session.

4. And then, because let's face it, I was on a roll at that point, I took Jessica to her first water polo training session at yet another pool, that evening. I'm not even kidding. Three different pools in three different areas in one day. I got home at 9.30pm that night. Tuesday was a killer!


Okay, so I don't know why I was tired when it was my daughters who'd been swimming and treading water all day. But I've just got to say that watching, cheering, waiting and driving is utterly exhausting. It's true. My tired body attests to that. 

Why are you smirking?



5. I also bought some more plants for my veggie patch. 


6. I did grocery shopping. More than once.


7. I did laundry. A lot of laundry.


8. I tidied. And tidied.


9. I unpacked and packed that dishwasher.


10. I made phone calls and read and replied to emails.


11. I even ironed.


12. I did some planning.


13. I cooked.


Okay, I'll stop now because... yawn.


*******


Then last night we lingered after dinner and I got to have a gorgeous conversation with my daughters, while the light was fading outside. It was the first time I'd sat down and relaxed the whole week. And it felt so good that I opened my eyes and heart a little bit wider, just to take it all in.













No comments