I Want You To Know



Happy 15th Birthday to my favourite oldest daughter! You gorgeous girl, you! As you celebrate another year on this earth, I'd like you to know a few things...

I want you to know that I love you - more than you will ever know.

I want you to know that you are strong - you have learnt to stand up for what you feel is important and become someone who does not put up with what you feel is wrong. Keep on doing that. You deserve respect.

I want you to know that I love that you are a kind person. It's important in this life. And it's such an attractive trait.

I want you to know that you are important. And worthy.

I want you to know that you're perfect just the way you are. In every way.  There will come a day when you will realize just how awesome your body really is and you will celebrate it. I just wish you could do that now.

I want you to know that - you are enough. Actually, you are more than enough. You don't need external affirmation. Believe it.

I want you to know that you blow me away with your amazing logic and maturity. You've learnt to be so brave and verbalize your pain with conviction. Teenage issues are not easy. I wish I had had half of your confidence and assurance when I was your age. You make me so proud.

Yes, there are times when you lack self-esteem, but I want you to know that you are a natural leader. You have an intuition that you need to learn to believe in more. You are powerful and I'm so grateful that I get to see this part of you develop more and more each year. 

I also know that sometimes you feel down and my wish for you is to find your happiness. To live, experiencing joy. Every day. In the little things.

I want you to know that you have a real gift in your sense of humour. You know how to make people laugh and feel joy. You've always been like that - a natural entertainer. It's one of your great strengths and I hope it continues to bring you joy in your life.

I want you to know that being sensitive doesn't mean you're weak. It means you're strong. Don't lose your sensitivity while you're guarding your heart against the meanness that is out there in the world. Look after your sweetness. That is your light.

I want you to know that sometimes school can be tough, but that it's only a part of your life. See the big picture. Enjoy as much as you can. Try to make the most of every situation.

I want you to know that you are very bright - it's true, you're awesome, don't pretend that you're not.

I want you to know that I will always be there for you.

And that I'm so very proud of you.

And that I love you. To the moon and back. And even more.

I wish you a fantastically happy year being 15. May you find your inner joy and see some of your dreams coming true this year.

Your Mom (aka Mum)
xxx





2 comments