Thursday, 6 June 2013

Ponsonby


Every couple of weeks I feel the need to drive across the bridge and see what's happening over on the other side. A change of scenery is always fun and getting to wander around shops that we don't have on this side is sometimes just... necessary. ;)

So last week I joined two girl friends and we strolled down Ponsonby Road, doing a bit of shopping before having lunch at a lovely restaurant in Ponsonby Central.


^ Here is a cheeky view of Sky Tower, taken off Ponsonby Road. I love that building! ^


After wandering around Ponsonby Central looking at all of the stores and restaurants in that little centre, we decided to have lunch Toru and it turned out to be a rather good choice. I had the pork belly sandwich which came with crackling, cider onion and mayo - and it was deee-licious. That, and a darling glass of Prosecco really hit the spot. >>Okay, now I'm beginning to sound just like one of those ladies who lunch! But, hey, at least I didn't take a photo of my food. ;)


^ Toru. ^


Not only are there quite a few other restaurants in that little centre that look very appealing, but they have a fruit and veggie market there that also looks worthy of a longer visit, so I'm planning another trip out there very soon...



^ Look at this gorgeous market! I'm definitely going to have to go back soon because I didn't get to wander around here nearly long enough! ^




Have any of you been to Ponsonby Central? Which restaurant is your favourite? 





No comments:

Post a Comment