Wednesday, 5 June 2013

So What Are You Reading?


A while ago I started using Goodreads, a 'social cataloging' website that allows you to make lists of all the books you've ever read and also any books you'd like to read in future. In addition to that they have good book descriptions, the option to follow friends and gain inspiration from their lists; and the ability to read and write book reviews. However, having an updatable list of books you'd like 'to read' is probably my favourite feature because it is particularly helpful when I'm looking to download a new book and need ideas. No more wracking your brain to remember that good book you heard about or trying to find that scrap of paper on which you wrote the title of that book you thought sounded amazing.

Another great feature on this app is their Reading Challenge - you decide and set up how many books you'd like to read in a year and viola it automatically updates your information as you add books that you've read. I find this little challenge helps me to keep reading at a constant rate during the year. If you use Goodreads, look me up (Bianca Swanepoel) - I love seeing what other people are reading and can always use more inspiration.

Recently I've enjoyed the following books so much that I wanted to share them here:


This is one of those books that will stay with you for a long time. It draws you in with it's subject matter and style of writing which is both unique and mesmerizing. I'd heard such glowing reviews from so many sources on this one and I, too, highly recommend it.


Wow, when I read the description of this book, I was drawn in immediately and the fact that this story is narrated by a child makes it that much more amazing. It's one that'll make you really think. It's probably not a 5 star book, but it's definitely worth a read.


And this book is one that I'd heard about so much and I'm pleased that I eventually read it. The fact that it dealt with interesting subject matter of both a character/personality nature and everyday life in our modern day world made it all the more riveting. It kept me well entertained.

What have you read recently? I'd love to hear your recommendations and suggestions for my 'to read' list.


Please note that the links to the books mentioned above, contain my Amazon Affiliate code which means that I get a small percentage from any books you might purchase using these links.



No comments:

Post a Comment