Monday, 16 September 2013

A Weeknight Dinner Recipe


Okay, so let me begin by saying that I'm not a food blogger.

Nor am I a professional food photographer.

So despite my best efforts to ensure that there was sufficient light in all of the photographs I took of this dish, that I got photos from the best possible angles, and that I took a photo at every important preparation stage - I still ended up making a rookie mistake.

Yes it's true! I forgot to take a photo of the finished dish! Seriously. Can you actually believe it? {You'll just have to go ahead and take my word for it - the dish looked gorgeous! ;) Hah.}

Behold, an Italian Chicken Bake:
I adapted this recipe from a New Idea magazine/book called What's For Dinner?

You'll need:

500g baby potatoes, halved
3 roma/cherry tomatoes, halved
1 tblsp olive oil
2 tsps dried oregano
4 x 200g chicken breast fillets (I used chicken legs)
100g diced pancetta (I used bacon)
2 tblsps balsamic dressing
100g olives, pitted
Salt and pepper, to taste

This will serve 4 people.

Toss the potatoes, tomatoes and olive oil in a large roasting pan. Sprinkle with half the dried oregano.


^ I was cooking for myself and three kids. ^

Cook in the oven at 180 〫C for 20 minutes.

Add the chicken pieces to the roasting pan. Sprinkle with pancetta/bacon and the remaining dried oregano. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.


^ I remembered to take this photo just before I popped the pan back into the oven. ^


Return the roasting pan to the oven. Cook for a further 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.

Sprinkle the olives over the chicken bake. Season and serve with salad (or whatever you like, really).

Garnish with fresh parsley (if you have some available).

Note: This dish is delicious. And easy to make. {Two of my favourite things when it comes to weeknight meals.} It's definitely one to try if you're pressed for time, but don't want to compromise on taste.

Hope you try it - and then send me the photos of your finished dish! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment