And It's Not Even Mother's Day




On Sunday night I had a moment. One of those incredible moments that are filled with utter gratitude and tremendous glee:

My daughter informed me that she'd cook dinner! Just an out-of-the-blue, nonchalant statement: "I think I'll cook dinner tonight, mom." Just like that. Music to my ears, I tell ya. 

Sunday nights are normally pretty laid back in our house - especially when it comes to dinner. If given the choice I'd opt for toasted cheese every time. But this night? This night was a treat.

And I loved every minute of it. And every bite.

Thank you, special girl. I love you. And your spaghetti bolognaise!

PS  Remember that wonderful plan I had of having my daughters cook a meal every week? Well, it hasn't been going as well as I'd hoped it would. :P They do make the odd salad and help me with prep work, but the whole independent thing hasn't really taken off. But I'm not giving up on this idea just yet. ;)




No comments