Monday, 25 November 2013

Being Thankful | Monday


One holiday we don't officially celebrate here in New Zealand and I really wish we did, is Thanksgiving, because, let's face it, that's a holiday worth celebrating! ;) It's primarily celebrated in America and Canada (although there are a few other countries that celebrate something similar), but I reckon that in this day and age, we could all certainly do with a little reflection and appreciation for all that's wonderful in our lives.

While reading a few American blogs and looking around Pinterest lately, I noticed a certain 'thanksgiving tree' idea that kept popping up and it got me thinking that I, too, could get right into this grateful spirit of things by making my very own Southern Hemisphere version of that awesome idea. (I mean, I've been looking for simple craft ideas to develop my creative side, haven't I?)

Anyway, I jumped at this great idea because not only is it simple to whip up, but it's an incredibly powerful little tool too. The physical act of writing down what you're grateful for is a very clever way of making everyone super aware of all the good fortune in their lives. The kids, particularly, have really enjoyed getting involved in this little project and I so love seeing what they choose to write down on their leaves every day. (I'll post more pics of the tree as it fills up over the next week.) 


^ Our thanksgiving tree on day one! Looking a little bare initially, but there it is. ^ 


^ I then added a few leaves to get that thing going. ^


And no autumnal colours for us down here - I opted for a bright neon tree that better suits us as we head into our Summer!

And this week I thought I'd do a series of posts about what I'm thankful for (and there is so much) - starting today:




I'd like to say that I'm always thankful for the precious time spent with family, especially those times spent sitting in the sun enjoying a delicious meal! I love you guys and am oh so grateful that you're all in my life! x









No comments:

Post a Comment