Friday, 29 November 2013

Ever Thankful | Thursday


Well, Thursday flew by with not a moment to sit down at my computer and write a thanksgiving post! Hah! But I'm not complaining, because I got a lot done yesterday and most of it was fun! I'm now nearly done preparing our advent calendar for this year and, as a crazy middle-of-the-school-week kind of treat, I took the kids out for dinner and a movie last night. Grant had a report to finish and was working late and I really wasn't in the mood for cooking, so off we went! Side note: take-away sushi sometimes just hits the spot when the food inspiration fairy and the cooking energy fairy have taken the night off! ;)

We went to see the new Hunger Games movie, Catching Fire, and really enjoyed it. {Have you seen it? What did you think?} And while we were sitting there in the dark movie theatre Luke leaned over and whispered in my ear: "Why's there so much kissing in this movie? I didn't come here to watch all this kissing!" Aren't little boys THE. CUTEST. EVER.?

So today {yesterday?}, I've got to say that I'm ever thankful for this kind of good day - the kind that involves going out for coffee, doing some Christmas shopping, working on a creative project, spending time with my kids, and going out for a movie and sushi during the week. Life is good. And how does that saying go?


"Enjoy the little things,
for one day you will look back and realise they were the big things."
Robert Brault


Exactly.

Ooh and here's what our thankful tree looked like yesterday:




It's coming on so nicely that I'm going to be sad taking it down on Saturday to make way for the advent calendar! But it's been such a positive experience for us that I've decided we'll definitely do it again next year. In fact I think it's going to become a new family tradition...





No comments:

Post a Comment