Monday, 3 March 2014

The Other Recipe From Christmas Day




Hello sweet readers! If you're anything like me, you're always keen to find delicious yet easy recipes to whip up for weeknight dinners {or any occasion really}, so I'm back with another recipe today {the other salad recipe from Christmas Day that I promised to share}.

I'm definitely going to be making this salad for my family one night this week because:

a) I'm desperately needing a bit of excitement injected into our weeknight meals over here - the monotony of our usual weeknight meals is slowly killing me {Me? Overly dramatic? Never!};

 and b) this recipe is super simple to make.

Oh and c) it's healthy too! Whoop-whoop! ;)

Anyway, ta-da - here it is, I hope you love it: 

Hot Smoked Salmon, Lentil, grilled Courgette & Rocket Salad with Quick Lime Aioli
Serves 4

3 courgettes, sliced lengthways
Olive oil spray
2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning (or lemon zest and pepper)
130 grams rocket
400 grams (1 tin) lentils, drained and rinsed
200 grams hot smoked salmon, flaked
2 tablespoons lime juice

Spray courgette slices with olive oil on both sides and sprinkle over the lemon pepper seasoning. (I prefer to season after the courgettes are grilled.)
Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue flat plate. Cook the courgette slices over a high heat for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are tender and well browned.
Place the rocket on a platter and top with the courgette slices, lentils and hot smoked salmon.
Drizzle over the lime juice and serve the salad with lime aioli on the side.

Quick Lime Aioli

1/2 cup good mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 small clove of garlic, crushed

Combine and set aside.

Let me know if you make it, will ya?







No comments:

Post a Comment