Lately


Life's been feeling a bit overwhelming recently as we have so much on the go, so much planning to get done for various things and on top of all that: 4 out of 5 of us have succumbed to coughs and colds during the past couple of weeks too. Ugh.

So, here I am with a little photo catch-up again: {because this kind of post is all I'm able to manage at the moment and this cough and cold has made me ever so lethargic and lazy, so please forgive me...}

Anyway, moving on...... ;)  I had a very lovely breakfast with my friend, Helen recently. We had a good chat and then I devoured this delicious Eggs Benedict: {PS I really love bacon.}




And it's rainbow season! Jessica took this photo while on our way to school one morning last week. {PS Rainbows make me happy.} I love driving along this road every day because we get to see sheep, horses; and the most beautiful display of autumn colours at this time of year {although those gorgeous trees are losing their leaves pretty quickly now}. {PPS Thank goodness I love driving along this road because I do it up to 4 times on some days!}




After doing a bit of shopping together one day last week, my mom and I ended up at a Mexican restaurant where we got stuck into these messy tacos. Yum. There's something to be said for a day of shopping and tacos. Mmm. {PS I love tacos.}




My afternoons are an endless juggle of lifting, as I've mentioned countless times before, and on this particular afternoon, while my other two kids were at sports training, I got to take Sarah out for some one-on-one time - and cheesecake! {PS I love cheesecake. And this cute girl.}




And then last week Grant and I went through to the city and enjoyed a tasty beef bourguignon at a cute little French cafe called L'Assiette before going to the Michael BublĂ© concert {the tickets were one of my Christmas presents}.  Hearty meal + awesome concert = great night out! Thank you, babe. ;)

So I obviously knew that Michael Bublé could sing {damn, I love his voice}, but what I hadn't realised was what an amazing entertainer he is too. Not only can that guy sing beautifully, but he has a wicked sense of humour. He also loves the fact that he's a new father; and his parents were in the audience on the night we were there. So very cute. That's all.




And then there's been Saturday football games...




And my son, whose superpower seems to be sensing the presence of a camera from a mile off and quickly striking a crazy pose. Every time. {PS I love this boy.}




Last weekend we went to watch the Blues {our home team} play the Sharks {a South African team} down at our local rugby stadium. And these boys had a great time that night.




It was also good to catch up with Colleen and Sam while watching rugby, sipping on a glass of wine and nibbling on those irresistible mini doughnuts that they sell at the games! {PS I love doughnuts.}




As usual I've been using my iPhone to take most of my photos of us on the run-around - and while I realise that at least I'm getting some photos, I really do want to make more of an effort to use my proper camera. Ugh. Anyway. Tomorrow is another day.

Happy Friday, everyone. Have a good weekend! :) I hope you're all keeping healthy wherever you are.






No comments