Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Throwback: London Trip - October 2014


In October 2014, I went to visit my sister and her family who live in London. It had been too long since I'd last seen them and I was missing them so much!

On my first morning there, Leigh took me to her local coffee joint that I'd heard so much about. I really love trips like this where I get to see exactly where my sister and her family meet friends for coffee, do their grocery shopping, play school sports, and just get to experience their normal day to day routines. I feel really sad that we don't all live close to each other and get to share our lives more regularly. Too sad.


I got to watch my nephew play a football game for his club while I was there:



Leigh and I went into London town to enjoy a museum and a few sites...


We went walking in Richmond Park and experienced being in the path of a beeeeeeg deer chasing another beeeeeg deer! Picture two women running while laughing hysterically (read: nervously). Spot the deer in the next picture:


We went out for dinners...


And got to see the show, Shakespeare in Love... 


We had lunch at Nobu...


We had a lunch with family - my cousin also lives in London and his mom was visiting from South Africa at the same time as I was visiting my sister so we organised to get together which was such great fun.


And as you can see, eating was all important! I also had lunch at Shake Shack one day - my first Shake Shack experience, and it was good! Just look at those curly fries!


Beautiful London:


When I was visiting, there was an exhibition down in Covent Garden - a replica building with the entire middle section missing! It was fascinating. So very clever.


Side view of that crazy building:


I also fitted in a quick stop at this awesome shop:


Got to spend some quality time with my cute niece:


I love London! Always a good idea. x



5 comments:

  1. I miss them so much too! Lovely pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard missing out on all the day to day stuff we used to take for granted when family was just round the corner. Makes the memories that much sweeter. though. Xx Jean M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it is time for you to visit them again

    ReplyDelete